(001) Dr. Franco King Chi Leung studied his BSc in Chemistry (2011) at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University where he carried out his Masters research (2013) in catalysis and chemical biology under supervision of Prof. Man Kin Wong. He expanded his research scopes in his PhD to supramolecular chemistry and material science under guidance of Prof. Takanori Fukushima in Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan). In April 2017, he joined Prof. Ben L. Feringa's group (2016 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry) in University of Groningen, the Netherlands, as a postdoc fellow and later he was awarded the Croucher Postdoctoral Fellow, where he is developing photo-responsive soft materials of molecular motors and switches. In June 2019, he is appointed as Assistant Professor in Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, PolyU. His main research interests are dynamic supramolecular polymers, functional molecular assembly, and biocompatible functional materials.
(I) Research Assistant
(005) Mr. Timmy Leong Hung Cheung completed his BSc in Chemical Technology at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2018. Timmy served as a research assistant, firstly in Prof. Wing Yiu Yu’s group (PolyU) for the organometallic research. Later Timmy expanded his research scope to carry out research in Prof. Pei Li’s research team for polymeric material studies (PolyU). In Aug 2020, he joins our group to further enlarge his research scope by exploring the beauty of photoresponsive soft materials.
(006) Mr. Fulin Yao obtained his BSc in Anhui University of Chinese Medicine (2009), and then he finished his Master in Chemistry from Jiangxi Normal University (2013) with focus on polymeric materials synthesis and characterizations. Fulin served as research assistant in Wenzhou Institute of Biomaterials and Engineering (2013-2015), later he became an organic synthesis research fellow in Shanghai ChemPartner (2015-2019) and TCI (2019-2020). After his long journey in commercial companies, in late July 2020, Fulin joins us as a research assistant to strengthen our synthetic capability. Besides, at his spare time, he likes to read, listen music, and travel.
(007) Miss Shuk Ying Kwan received her BEng in Chemical Engineering from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2019. After completing undergraduate studies, she intends to embark on materials design and applications. She has experience in synthesizing and designing metal-organic frameworks from the perspective of environmental protection. To further investigate soft materials for biomedical purposes, she is going to join our group as a research assistant in September 2020 with focus on photoresponsive gating systems.
(II) Undergraduate Student
(003) Mr. Renshan Guo is going to receive his higher diploma in Chemical Technology in 2020, and he is joining Dr. Franco Leung Laboratory as a research student helper. Renshan is a curious and responsible student who want to learn more knowledge. Also, he is interested to organic synthesis which inspires him to expand his knowledge. He is now working on synthesis and characterization of novel photoresponsive amphiphiles.
(002) Mr Money Wang received his BA in South China Agricultural University. Money is our honourable guest in Dr. Franco Leung research group, serving as our Glassware Cleaner and graphic designer.
(III) Final Year Project Student
(008) Mr Yuk Sing Lo is going to finish his BSc in Chemical Technology in 2021. The degree programme introduced various chemical knowledge from different realms to him. He decided to choose organic synthesis as his final year project's orientation. He is focusing on the synthesis and supramolecular assembling of azobenzene-based amphiphiles in our group.
(004) Mr. Kwok Chen Yung will receive his higher diploma in Chemical Technology in 2020. He recently joined Dr. Franco Leung Laboratory as a research student helper. Chen is a conscientious and optimistic student with strong motivation to learn more chemistry knowledge. He was working on synthesis and characterization of novel photoresponsive amphiphiles.