(001) Dr. Franco King-Chi Leung studied his BSc in Chemistry (2011) at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University where he carried out his Masters research (2013) in catalysis and chemical biology under supervision of Prof. Man-Kin Wong. He expanded his research scopes in his PhD to supramolecular chemistry and material science under guidance of Prof. Takanori Fukushima in Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan). In April 2017, he joined Prof. Ben L. Feringa's group (2016 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry) in University of Groningen, the Netherlands, as a postdoc fellow and later he was awarded the Croucher Postdoctoral Fellow, where he is developing photo-responsive soft materials of molecular motors and switches. Since June 2019, he is serving as an Assistant Professor in Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, PolyU. His main research interests are dynamic supramolecular polymers, functional molecular assembly, and biocompatible functional materials.
(I) Postdoc Fellow
(010) Dr. Jason Jiajun Jiang received his BSc in Chemical Technology at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2016, where he carried out his PhD in chiral gold(III) catalysis under supervision of Dr. Man-Kin Wong. In April 2021, before his PhD defence in Jun 2021, he is serving as a postdoctoral fellow under co-supervision of Dr. Man-Kin Wong and Dr. Franco Leung. His major research interest is the development of photo-controlled drug delivery systems.
(II) PhD Student
(005) Mr. Timmy Leong-Hung Cheung completed his BSc in Chemical Technology at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2018. Timmy served as a research assistant, firstly in Prof. Wing-Yiu Yu’s group (PolyU) for the organometallic research. Later Timmy expanded his research scope to carry out research in Prof. Pei Li’s research team for polymeric material studies (PolyU). In Aug 2020, he joined our group as a research assistant to further enlarge his research scope. Later in Jan 2021, Timmy starts to carry out his postgraduate study in exploration of photoresponsive soft materials.
(III) MPhil Student
(007) Miss Khloe Shuk-Ying Kwan received her BEng in Chemical Engineering from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2019. After completing undergraduate studies, she intends to embark on materials design and applications. She has experience in synthesizing and designing metal-organic frameworks from the perspective of environmental protection. To further investigate soft materials for biomedical purposes, she joined our group as a research assistant in Sept 2020 with focus on photoresponsive gating systems. Later in Sept 2021, Khloe starts to carry out her postgraduate study in exploration of photoresponsive soft materials and photoresponsive gating systems.
(IV) Research Assistant
(009) Miss Astra Ying-Ying Lui has finished her BSc degree in Chemical Technology at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2020. After graduation, she worked as a research assistant in Dr. Man-Kin Wong’s group (PolyU) for bioconjugation and photocleavable linkers research. Currently, she is serving as a research assistant in developing controlled drug delivery systems under co-supervision of Dr. Man-Kin Wong and Dr. Franco Leung.
(011) Mr. Marco Ming-Hin Chau acquired his BSc in the Analytical Science for Testing and Certification from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2020. After graduation, he served as a teaching project assistant, under supervision of Dr. Kim-Hung Lam, to improve student’s online learning experience by integrating active learning strategies. In Apr 2021, he is joining our group as research assistant to start his scientific research journey in developing photocontrolled supramolecular co-assembled systems.
(013) Mr. Anson Kwok-Hei Chau received his BSc degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry from The University of Hong Kong (HKU) in 2017. He was a research assistant in the Department of Clinical Oncology in the group of Prof. Maria Li Lung (HKU), before commencing his MPhil in Chemistry under the supervision of Dr. Ho-Yu Au Yeung (HKU) with mechanically interlocked molecules as his research focus. To further explore the scope of supramolecular chemistry in biology, he is joining our research group in Aug 2021 as a research assistant, focusing on the development of biocompatible photoresponsive soft materials.
(V) Final Year Project Student
(003) Mr. Sean Renshan Guo has received his higher diploma in Chemical Technology in 2020, and he is joining our Laboratory as a research student helper. Renshan is a curious and responsible student who want to learn more knowledge. Also, he is interested to organic synthesis which inspires him to expand his knowledge. He is now working on synthesis and characterization of novel photoresponsive amphiphiles and serving as final year project student in the year of 2021/2022.
(VI) Undergraduate Student
(012) Mr. Brian Boyan Liu is studying his BSc in Chemical Technology. In June 2021, he is joining our laboratory as a research student helper. Brian is interested in synthesis of complicated organic molecules and to obtain more experimental techniques and experience in Organic Chemistry and Supramolecular Chemistry. Brian is now working on organic synthesis and characterisation of novel photoresponsive molecular amphiphiles.
(014) Miss Chelsea Tesvara is studying her BSc in Chemical Technology. In Sept 2021, she is going to join our team as a research student helper. Chelsea is interested in learning organic synthetic techniques and supramolecular studies, understanding soft materials for biomedical applications.
(002) Mr. Money Wang received his BA in South China Agricultural University. Money is our honourable guest in Dr. Franco Leung research group, serving as our Glassware Cleaner and graphic designer.